I’m a no-nonsense award-winning publicity strategist with 30 years of experience.
I broke into the fiercely competitive news world at the ripe age of 12. I brought the news to people (via my stingray bicycle) with an afternoon paper route in my hometown of Edison, New Jersey.
In 1980, I enrolled at Quinnipiac College in Hamden, Connecticut. I was hoping to write for Rolling Stone magazine. Then I found the campus radio station.
After graduation, I began my career as a radio news reporter, on-air anchor and news director in the New Jersey/New York media market.
I’ve interviewed everyone from homeless people to presidents. I also had the privilege of being Deputy Director of NJ Governor Christie Whitman’s Office of Radio and Television and have worked as public relations director for a statewide nonprofit, The Arc of New Jersey.
In 2000, I opened a media relations and PR consulting firm.
These days, I teach entrepreneurs and professionals how to use their “press pass.” We all have one but few are maximizing it.
You become the go-to” expert in your field. You get free publicity without paying a single dollar. You quickly build lasting relationships with the media.
With all of this experience, I’ve won a bunch of awards along the way. I’ve been honored by Associated Press and the New Jersey Broadcasters Association. I was recognized by the Edison (NJ) Chamber of Commerce as “Entrepreneur of the Year.” Communication is my thing–speaking and writing. I’m also certified in Neurolinguistic Programming, the breakthrough business, psychology, sales and communication model that’s a few steps past Emotional Intelligence.
One of my favorite accomplishments: Being named one of the ‘Top 75 Badass Women on Twitter.’
On the personal side, I’ve been married (to the same man) for 29 years. We have a grown daughter and son. We live in San Antonio, Texas and get back to the Jersey shore whenever possible.
What I do:
I work with professionals who want to get publicity, have an impact on the world and grow their business.
I’ll teach you how to:
- Build lasting relationships with reporters and influencers who will cover your story for free
- Use my “instant pitch” formula to gain the trust of reporters who want to work with you
- Have folks drooling over your pitches–for ZERO $$!
- Become a credible authority and the “go-to resource” in your field
If you’re the best-kept secret, it’s time to let the cat out of the bag!
1-on-1 Coaching and Small Group Online Workshops are available on the following topics:
- How to use your press pass and get publicity
- Access and relationships with media and influencers who are always looking for fresh voices and faces
- The best ways to connect with people who cover your niche (AKA- pitch your niche)
- Complete breakdowns of outstanding email pitches
- The exact words and phrases to use–and avoid–when contacting reporters
- How to make sure your pitch stands out from the crowd of others
Clients, Entrepreneurs and Groups I’ve Worked With:
- Security Benefit
- Neighborly Global Franchise
- Ardith Rademacher and Associates
- Texas A&M University
- The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- Project Eve
- University Health Systems
- Consultants 2 Go
- Women Unlimited
- The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
- Roman Jewelers
- Seastreak Commuter Ferries
- Kansas State University
- Commercial Real Estate Women- San Antonio
- Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Texas
- Georgian Court University Women in Leadership Development (WILD)
- Alamo Colleges District
- Caryn Kopp Consulting
- National Association of Professional Mortgage Women
- We Lead SA
- Women’s Council of Realtors-San Antonio
- Garden State Chiropractic Society
- San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (SACADA)