I’m a no-nonsense award-winning professional radio news reporter, PR entrepreneur, online editor and speaker with 30 years of experience.
I broke into the fiercely competitive news world at the ripe age of 12. I brought the news to people (via my stingray bicycle) with an afternoon paper route in my hometown of Edison, New Jersey.
In 1980, I enrolled at Quinnipiac College in Hamden, Connecticut. I was hoping to write for Rolling Stone magazine. Then I found the campus radio station.
Armed with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mass Communication, I began my career as a broadcast news reporter, on-air anchor and news director in the New Jersey/New York media market.
I’ve interviewed everyone from homeless people to presidents. I also had the privilege of serving as Deputy Director of NJ Governor Christie Whitman’s Office of Radio and Television and have worked as public relations director for a statewide nonprofit, The Arc of New Jersey.
In 2000, I opened a media relations and PR consulting firm.
I’ve won a bunch of broadcasting awards along the way and have been honored by the Edison (NJ) Chamber of Commerce as “Entrepreneur of the Year.” Also, I am a certified practitioner in Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP).
My latest accomplishment: Being named one of the ‘Top 75 Badass Women on Twitter.’
On the personal side, I’ve been married (to the same man) for 27 years. We have a grown daughter and son. We live in San Antonio, Texas and get back to the Jersey shore whenever possible.
What I do:
I work with women entrepreneurs who want a step-by-step process to overcome self-doubt and build a business that increases their visibility, credibility and revenue.
I teach women entrepreneurs how to:
- Gain unshakeable confidence to self-promote and publicize their business
- Identify an ideal audience
- Build an online presence with timely, relevant and compelling content
- Position themselves as an authority and trusted resource in their field
If you’re the best-kept secret, it’s time to destroy your doubts and let the cat out of the bag!
Communication Coaching, Training and Presentation Topics:
- Motivation, success and Attitude Adjustment 101
- PR, storytelling and content marketing strategies
- Media interview prep and crisis communication
- 21st-century business and sales communication
- Verbal and nonverbal communication and NLP (Reading body language)
- Internal communication and conflict resolution
- Leadership, Emotional Intelligence and Interpersonal communication
- Public speaking
For one-on-one and small group communication consulting:
How speaking and writing can grow your business to a six-figure income!
Women Entrepreneurs, Clients and Groups I’ve Worked With:
- Carol Kivler Communications
- Ardith Rademacher and Associates
- Project Eve
- Consultants 2 Go
- Women Unlimited
- Sophie Shor and Roman Jewelers
- Patricia Wilson and Brand Cottage
- Commercial Real Estate Women- San Antonio
- Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Texas
- Georgian Court University Women in Leadership Development (WILD)
- Caryn Kopp Consulting
- National Association of Professional Mortgage Women
- We Lead SA
- Women’s Council of Realtors-San Antonio
- University Health Systems
- Garden State Chiropractic Society
- San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (SACADA)