I’m a no-nonsense award-winning professional radio news reporter, PR entrepreneur, online editor and speaker with 30 years of experience.
I broke into the fiercely competitive news world at the ripe age of 12. I brought the news to people (via my stingray bicycle) with an afternoon paper route in my hometown of Edison, New Jersey.
In 1980, I enrolled at Quinnipiac College in Hamden, Connecticut. I was hoping to write for Rolling Stone magazine. Then I found the campus radio station.
Armed with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mass Communication, I began my career as a broadcast news reporter, on-air anchor and news director in the New Jersey/New York media market.
I’ve interviewed everyone from homeless people to presidents. I also had the privilege of being Deputy Director of NJ Governor Christie Whitman’s Office of Radio and Television and have worked as public relations director for a statewide nonprofit, The Arc of New Jersey.
In 2000, I opened a media relations and PR consulting firm.
I’ve won a bunch of broadcasting awards along the way and have been honored by the Edison (NJ) Chamber of Commerce as “Entrepreneur of the Year.” Also, I am a certified practitioner in Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP).
My latest accomplishment: Being named one of the ‘Top 75 Badass Women on Twitter.’
On the personal side, I’ve been married (to the same man) for 29 years. We have a grown daughter and son. We live in San Antonio, Texas and get back to the Jersey shore whenever possible.
What I do:
I work with business professionals who want a step-by-step process to create content that builds a loyal community and increases your visibility, credibility and revenue. Your consistent posts, videos and other content is directly linked to your bottom line and income.
I’ll teach you how to:
- Supercharge your online presence with timely, relevant and compelling content
- Position yourself as a credible authority and influencer in your field
- Gain the trust of your community and become the “go-to-resource”
- Create your authentic voice and style to build a vibrant and engaged community
If you’re the best-kept secret, it’s time to be heard and seen. It’s time to let the cat out of the bag!
Mentoring, Consulting and Training are available on the following topics:
- Creating content–and calendars that grow your community with loyal followers
- Understanding your ideal client–and creating the content they want from you
- Uncovering hot trends in your industry so you can create content clients are craving
- Overcoming writer’s block so you can consistently “show up” online with timely and interesting posts
- Developing your own special voice and writing style that attracts today’s readers
- Storytelling that bolsters your messaging and confidence
- Prepping for media and podcast interviews
For one-on-one and small group communication consulting:
How speaking and writing can grow your business to a six-figure income!
Women Entrepreneurs, Clients and Groups I’ve Worked With:
- Security Benefit
- Neighborly Global Franchise
- Ardith Rademacher and Associates
- Texas A&M University
- The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- Project Eve
- University Health Systems
- Consultants 2 Go
- Women Unlimited
- The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
- Roman Jewelers
- Seastreak Commuter Ferries
- Kansas State University
- Commercial Real Estate Women- San Antonio
- Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Texas
- Georgian Court University Women in Leadership Development (WILD)
- Alamo Colleges District
- Caryn Kopp Consulting
- National Association of Professional Mortgage Women
- We Lead SA
- Women’s Council of Realtors-San Antonio
- Garden State Chiropractic Society
- San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (SACADA)